Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fear

Have you ever heard the old saying, "the best way to kill a frog is to put him in a pan of cold water and then slowly turn up the heat"? I was thinking about that today and applied it to how my devotional life is so different than it once was - I'm not dead yet - but the heat is on high. Somehow during the past few years I've lost the passion that I once had for God. And I want it back. Being the "preacher's wife" I'm full of advice on that particular subject...but how to apply it to my life is so much harder. Do I like writing these words for everyone to see? No. I feel like a failure. But if by chance I succeed in jumping out of this pan of hot water - I want others to see how.

I feel like I've been strangled by fear. I've decided somewhere along the line that flying under the radar is safer than making a difference for God. When it comes down to it...I haven't trusted God to take care of my family if we got to high on Satan's hit list. I want to trust God again.

Do you hear me, Lord? Show me how. Forgive me.

1 comment:

SW said...

Actually, the best way to kill a frog is by sticking a firecracker in its mouth, or by throwing them off an overpass, or...