Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Brotherly (and sisterly) Love

I haven't given any Silvey updates lately.  Seems like all I talk about it birth.  While that is a big part of my life right now, it isn't anywhere near as important (or time consuming) as my sweet family.  I just get overwhelmed by all that I could say - and how to narrow it down.

Today I was reminded how much I enjoy my kids.  (I need that reminder every once in a while.)  We did school this morning.  Most days we are finish up with our "morning school" by 11 a.m.  Then we do another 30 minutes to an hour in the afternoon while Benjamin and Willow nap.  This gives us time for the subjects that require more focused attention from me.  Anyway, after morning school Caleb and Isaac decided to build a tent in the living room made out of blankets and furniture and "heavy books" to hold the blankets in place.  I was in the kitchen making lunch.  As I listened to their planning, and trial and error, and "let's try this" conversation, I was again so thankful that they are such good friends.  Don't get me wrong, it's not always so evident that they are friends, but in the simple moments it shows! 

It's not just Caleb and Isaac who are friends.  Today Benjamin had the flu and stayed in bed most of the day.  Willow played with Caleb and Isaac, but later in the day when Benjamin was feeling better, Willow was giddy - dancing around the living room - as her best buddy was back in action.

And I could go on about the special relationships between each of the siblings.  I pray God's protection over them - and that they will all always be friends.

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

What a sweet post! I can't wait until mine are at that point. They are getting there but not quite yet. It will be a beautiful thing to see one day soon :)