Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Extreme Faith

I just started a new devotional yesterday - called "Extreme Devotion" - written by the same people who put together "Voice of the Martyrs". Day one was about a man who was imprisoned for distributing Christian literature in a Muslim country. At first he was upset and demanded God get him out - then after spending some time in prayer and worship - he remembered his plans were not God's plans - and he submitted to God's will. He began preaching in the prison - after he was released several of the former prisoners whom he ministered to while in prison came to him and wanted to know more. The devotional reminded me to turn over my plans and submit to God's plans. Of course my life isn't as extreme as his - but it's still easy to hold to tightly to what I think is best. An old lesson - but one I needed to be reminded of.

No comments: